Saturday, September 27, 2014

OK, I am in and doing this!


It seems that everything easy is not really easy at all. I began trying to post my first blog in several years and after doing what I had been told to do - FOUR times - and I was still without blog. I guess if you are over 40 this probably rings true to many. If I am told one more time - "it is so simple a child could do it" I am going to call in my 2- 6 year old grand children and have them write the blog. It might even be better than what I am trying desperately to do.

Since I feel have been silent for so long, when I decided to speak and then couldn't, I felt the earth had stopped moving. (Maybe too dramatic?) It has not, I have been assured.

So, I will add a few more photos, I think I have this now. My son-in-law came to my rescue yesterday. I appreciate his wonderful work on my behalf in spite of the fact he only uses a PC and has never even looked at Facebook. Yeah, he did it! Now I will do it!

A food quilt for my bestie who got her Masters Degree in Culinary Arts a few years ago. Hope you have all purchased the games "Foodie Fight" and "Wine Wars." If not, look them up. Great fun. She is a genius!
This quilt is called Beacon of Hope. I made it for an auction to benefit cancer survivors held by Above & Beyond Cancer in Des Moines. Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting magazine featured it earlier this year.

2 comments:

  1. The fabric you used in the Beacon of Hope quilt is gorgeous! Could you tell me the name of it? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete