Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Great Day!

Today I received a gift of several hours I had not planned on having and got to work on a couple of projects that I really have enjoyed.

The first was a hanging with batiks from www.sewbatiks.com  I met the keen team behind this company in Atlanta at the Quilting Live! show put on by my friends the Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting people. The choices were mind-boggling! I have never used batiks in my quilting before and it was so fun. The colors were wonderful - all the brights I love and now the project is about finished.

Aren't these just the best and brightest colors ever?

I also got a shipment of needlepoint Wrightsville Beach ornaments which went directly into the mail for the wonderful shop Yarns of Wilmington in Wilmington, NC. If any of you love that beach and want to stitch an ornament, give Binkie a call at 910-791-2157. She will give you price information and send you fibers to match the ornament.

Wrightsville Beach ornament on #18 mesh.

Here's hoping tomorrow will be as productive as today. Hope you have had an equally great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment