Friday, October 17, 2014

Lots going on here in the studio.

Last weekebnd was a wonderful quilting spree here and there was fabric flying everywhere. I finished up two Irish quilts and an alternate one called Gardens of England.

I then walked back into my fabric room and noticed one of my favorite fabrics that I had made into a duvet cover for the trundle bed (grandchildren) when I moved to NC. The saying on it is "My Heart Always comes Home to You." There was about a yard of it just smiling up at me...........so I snatched it up, found three matching fabrics and within about an hour I had a very cute baby quilt. Lots of pink checks for the backing and enough cloud fabric for binding. Now that is what I call fun!

With my long arm quilter out of town for two weeks I have felt an urge to have lots of fun for her upon her return. She came back last Sunday and this deluge of projects might just push her over the edge. We'll see when I deposit four projects on her doorstep. I tell her this is "job security!"


Being a designer and not being able to rent long arm time here in NC, I turn everything over to this genius - and she proceeds. Aren't I lucky?

I can't show some of the quilts going off to magazines but I can show the fun baby quilt.


 This will look more balanced when the pink/raspberry binding is on. Guess I should have ironed the fold out before shooting the photo.

And now for a cute Bob the Builder needlepoint ornament I painted last weekend. Very cute. On #13 mesh. 

 

Ornaments finished in time for the holidays. I just love to open the packages from my finisher. Merry, merry two months early. Thank you all my needlepoint friends for getting these back for finishing early! Now you can look at them and admire your work for a while before sending them off to loved ones. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment